Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Bev Psalm 41: Hastening and a Miracle

Hastening is a word that really matters.

Moving quickly, accelerating, even urgency is

   the Spirit of Gathering.

Miracles happen daily.

Our gratitude to God’s tender mercies and blessings

   is profound.

We joyfully prepare for the Lord’s Second Coming.

We seek to prepare the world for that glorious day.

Missionaries invite, teach, serve and testify of

   Jesus Christ.

His coming may not be today; it may not be tomorrow.

   But it is going to be some tomorrow.

Knock, knock, knock!

Who is it? I say from my recliner.

Missionaries! Just a minute...

I open the door.

“We are from the Church of Jesus Christ of

   Latter-day Saints.”

Me, too! I say to myself, “How beautiful upon the

   Mountains are the feet of those who are still

   Publishing peace.”

His new convert companion says, pointing to the Elder

   In his white shirt and tie, “He’s a family history champion!”

Me too!!!!

Are you a member of a group? The Elder asks.

Yes, I am. It’s called Peace of Mind.

Wow, he says, my dad’s a member of that group.

   There must be at least 50 members in it.

I respond, there are many, many more than that.

Hey, I’ll look it up on my FamilySearch app.

97 you are right!

In the over 340 million people in the United States,

   and over 400 apartments in my complex, what

   are the chances that you should knock on my door?

A miracle! One in 97 and you found ME!

I was wondering if God saw me and my neediness.

Yes. He sees me and let’s me know that I, who am

   just a little nothing, is indeed His everything.

He loves me!



No comments:

Post a Comment