Saturday, January 28, 2023

ZOOM, ZOOM, ZOOM

 Zoom, Zoom, Zoom

I'm prepared

Ready to Zoom.

I see and hear

The Spirit's near

My soul uplifted

Why would I fear

God couldn't show

His love

Digitally, too


This poem was inspired by a story that appeard in LDS Living Magazine, Jan-Feb 2023, p 59 in an article by Gabrielle Shiozawa entitled, “A Pointed Prompting."

She tells the story of Gerry Schlette , a college professor in New Jersey, who had discovered “Vocal Point,” a BYU 9-member, male a cappella group. He said their songs made him feel better. After 3 years he decided to take a trip out to Utah. It changed his life. 

My poem came from the remark that base singer, Hyrum Jackson made when he said that he was able to attend Gerry's baptism via Zoom and ”the Spirit was felt very strongly, even digitally.”

My friend Brian Flores-Rodriguez, a music major at the University of Arizona, said that he'd love to set this poem to music. It would be a fun song for the youth.

Let's zoom, zoom, zoom!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment