Thursday, December 29, 2011

Themes of my lIfe

If you want to follow someone's blog you probably want to know if there are going to be any topics you might be interested in reading about. Although I've started this blog with beginning of the year concepts of setting goals using your patriarchal blessing,  I've got many more topics planned to talk about. Last year I reviewed many of my past journals and wrote down a list of various themes that I found. Of course, I add new interests every month, but the ones listed below are the ones that seem pop up in my life again and again.

Themes of My Life

Solving the Mystery by Finding the Clues
Searching for Answers
Enjoying the Rhythm of Life
Letting Go and Moving On
Working to Understand Light
Searching for my Ancestors
Keeping a Book of Remembrance
Writing in a Journal
Taking Photographs as History 
Searching for Wisdom
Developing a Relationship with God as His Daughter
Understanding Myself as Israel
Becoming a Sister Scriptorian
Studying Isaiah
Studying Symbolism
Studying the Olive Tree
Studying the Bee
Studying Indian Picture Rocks
This photo was taken only a couple miles from my house and is why the place I live is called Picture Rocks. 
I call this photo "To Ascend the Mountain" and it's symbolism touches me in my very center of my being. This spiral, found in many native American pictographs (painted on) and petroglyphs (scratched into) rocks in the desert locations of the Southwestern and Western United States, has been given as many meanings and interpretations by the dozens of anthropologists and park rangers who've studied them. And I am going to tell you the story of what this means to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment