Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Snow in Tucson

Snow: Too Much, Already or Whee! This is Fun
     Yesterday, when the weatherman said there would be snow in Tucson down to 3000 feet we all said, okay. Then this morning it was beautiful and the Accenture Golf Tournament told how they'd let the grass grow (in other words they didn't trim it overnight to it's velvety smooth World Class Golf Tournament quality) and wet the geens down. Well, they started off fine this morning at 8 am or so just fine at about 48 degrees and pretty and very little wind, but by 10 am it started raining, 10:30 am it was pouring rain, and by 11:30 am it was SNOWING!!! Big large fluffy flakes. Everyone on Facebook was posting photos and Taylor my young 14 year old friend called me from her high school, all excited. My daughter called to tell me to look out the window, and yes, I did go out and take pictures. 
Looking West from My Front Door 11:30am

Looking Out my Front Door towards the Road
Looking East Down the Ramp

     The above photos are indeed showing just a little bit of snow, but, boy oh boy was it fun to see all the comments on FaceBook by friends in Tucson about this unusual snow day. I have a photo of  my granddaughter playing out in it. But it didn't last too long, it began raining and the snow turned to slush and mud.
Tehya Lee Palmer age 2 1/2  Playing with Large Fluffy Snowflakes

     But you've got to figure, that this little girl will probably be 8 or 10 years old before she can see snow in her front yard again if she continues to live in Tucson. 
     Now mind you, I know the rest of the nation is pretty tired of blizzards, snow, ice and winter storms and I really am truly sorry that when this storm leaves Arizona that it will probably carry a wallop for them.
Oh, It SNOWED AGAIN!
     At 5 pm I looked out the window and it was snowing again. Of course I rushed outside and took a few more photos. This time I tried to be a little "Arty" and took 30 more photos. Ahhhh, I know, but you see I am not a very good photographer. So I figured that I might get one or two good ones. However this time, I had to juggle an umbrella and tread very carefully in the slushy ice just outside my door. The rain was cascading off my roof onto my head, thus the umbrella was a necessity. 






Feb 20, 2013 5:30 pm

What a difference a month makes!!!! Compare these two views of the ramp at my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment