Wednesday, January 8, 2014

BEEgining a New Year
     Each year in December I review my journal pages, where I keep my current goals, and then ponder and pray while rereading my patriarchal blessing. Phrases stand out as I am inspired to select a theme and then slowly, the Holy Ghost reveals a pathway that I should follow during the upcoming year.
     I've repeated this process over the past twenty+ years. It is sort of like starting a new hive. Here is a wonderful ten minute video about how to start a new hive that I found while simply clicking on my computer's Word template page's "how to" selection. Amazing what you can find with just a little curiosity.
How is this post like Dan making a new hive?
     First I have done this before and I have all of the equipment I need for my new posts including my 2013 journal (new hive box), my patriarchal blessing (the honeycomb sheets) and a pound or two of bees with their queen mailed straight from California (lots of ideas and a new list of goals for 2014.) And yes, I am from California; no I am not a beekeeper. But as I have explained in earlier posts the name of my post,
BEE in the Desert,  is taken from my maiden name: Beverly Elaine Eckles AND the fact that I live in Tucson, Arizona at the edge of Saguaro National Monument a state park located on the west side of Tucson about seven miles from I-10 on Picture Rocks Road, a classic desert location. Also, when I wanted to name my blog Malachi 3:16, the program didn't like the colon and wouldn't accept that as the name of my blog.
So begins a new year of posts 2014
     Will I be more regular in posting this year? That is the big question. I've pondered why I haven't posted too much in 2013 and have decided that it was still of year of mourning for me. My goals for this year are quite simple and writing my personal history, working on finding family through descendant research in FamilySearch Family Tree using Puzzilla.org to discover new relatives that I can take to the temple, and getting into the best of health are the main categories. Blogging will help keep me on track with these and perhaps my interests will be of some value to others.
Finding Balance

Spiritual Growth               Selfless Service
     Self Improvement

No comments:

Post a Comment