Friday, December 2, 2022

Beginning 24 days of Christmas Countdown

My Spiritual Eyeglasses Moment

An Epiphany 




















There was that moment in time
When I knew Him, perfectly.
My mind did not analyze and logic never entered the equation,
Yet there was an equal sign, a balance, a solution.
The universe as I knew it changed perceptibly at that moment.
It was a capitalized and singularly unique moment.
Quietly talking in prayer and sharing hearts,
He whispered in my ear.
His voice walked into my soul and touched a switch.
The light changed; it became crystal clear.
It was the kind of clearness that your reading glasses give
  after a good wipe with a soft cloth and a quiet huff.
Then you put them on after struggling to see, then remember,
  "Oh, yes, ...my glasses."
It was that kind of remembering, that clear moment,
  that looked into eternity.
I knew who I was, that I was loved and that He
  would never give up on me.
His strength empowered me to become His disciple.
I will always remember Him.
I knew Him fully in that moment, forever.
----Beverly E. Field 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment