Friday, February 3, 2012

My Genealogical Bucket List

Geniaus one of the bloggers covering the RootsTech Conference in Salt Lake posted this before going on this trip and asked others of us to send her their lists. I am posting this list, but realize that my conference days seem to be over and I am way behind times in answering most of these questions.


The Bucket List by GeneaMeme
The list should be annotated in the following manner:
Things you would like to do or find: Bold Type
Things you haven’t done or found and don’t care to: plain type

You are encouraged to add extra comments after each item 
  1. The genealogy conference I would most like to attend is...RootsTech 2013
  2. The genealogy speaker I would most like to hear and see is...just about anyone working on character recognition for ancient chinese genealogical records
  3. The geneablogger I would most like to meet in person is...James Tanner Genealogysstar.blogspot
  4. The genealogy writer I would most like to have dinner with is...
  5. The genealogy lecture I would most like to present is...."Isaiah foresaw this technology"
  6. I would like to go on a genealogy cruise that visits....Chattanooga to Nashville on TN River
  7. The photo I would most like to find is...
  8. The repository in a foreign land I would most like to visit is...in Germany home of Eckels
  9. The place of worship I would most like to visit is...Westminster Abbey, England where my Aunt Nell died as a tourist.
  10. The cemetery I would most like to visit is ...... where Richard Hicks of Sullivan Co, TN RIP
  11. The ancestral town or village I would most like to visit is.....Baltimore, Maryland.
  12. The brick wall I most want to smash is...Proving Richard Hicks(1760) wife's name
  13. The piece of software I most want to buy is....voice recognition software Dragon Naturally Speaking to read my journals into digital form.
  14. The tech toy I want to purchase next is ..... an ipad2!
  15. The expensive book I would most like to buy is...
  16. The library I would most like to visit is....John Hopkins University Library to scour their Merryman Family- Micajah Merryman collection for references about Hicks in Sullivan County, TN
  17. The genealogy related book I would most like to write is...read that Website not Book in my case
  18. The genealogy blog I would most like to start would be about....already began Malachi 3:16
  19. The journal article I would most like to write would be about...Sullivan County TN Crossroads
  20. The ancestor I most want to meet in the afterlife is....Richard Hicks' real proven father, not just the one every researcher has leaped to conclusions about... William Hicks of Baltimore, MD.
Is there anything else on your Genealogy Bucket List? Yes, I'd like the new HP Omni 27 Quad Extreme power with a 2nd Gen Intel® Core™ i5 processor a. Visibly smart performance with a boost.
With the modern edge-to-edge infinity glass & 25° tilt, it's the ultimate multimedia hub with quick access to all of your files!
Might as well dream BIG.

No comments:

Post a Comment